If you did not have the opportunity to watch the Rose Parade in Person or if you would like to see the Rose Parade up close you can this Friday and Saturday at the Showcase of floats at the end of the parade route.
The Showcase of Floats is a unique opportunity for the public to step up close and personal and see/smell the floats and their beauty.
A closeup view of the floats
After every Rose Parade, the floral masterpieces are parked along Sierra Madre and Washington Boulevards in Pasadena.
- As you enter the float viewing venue, pick up a brochure to help you understand the Post Parade layout. The brochure is also available at all Park-N-Ride locations.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes as there are no trams and seating is limited. Viewing all the floats will require walking a distance of approximately 2.5 miles and will take at least two hours.
- Keep in mind the venue is often crowded and you will be walking and viewing at a leisurely pace.
- The best time to visit Post Parade is during the early public viewing hours on January 2. At peak viewing times, you may wait in line to purchase tickets, ride the Park-N-Ride shuttle, or enter Post Parade.
- Skateboards, roller skates, bicycles, tricycles, Segways and wagons are not permitted. Please note that use of a stroller is difficult due to terrain.
- There are a limited number of food vendors at the venue. However you are allowed to bring small quantities of food and non-alcoholic drinks into the venue. (no coolers, please).
- Before you begin viewing the floats, decide where you and your party will meet in case you are inadvertently separated and cannot communicate via cell phone. One choice is to meet near the Lost and Found tent at the intersection of Sierra Madre and Washington.
- There are two ATMs at the venue, sponsored by the Pasadena Federal Credit Union. ATMs are located near the West (Red) Gate and at the corner of Washington and Sierra Madre Boulevards
Admission is $7.00 for all – children 5 and under are free. Street parking is very limited- your best bet is to park and ride to the event.
The Tournament of Roses Association provides easy and convenient shuttle bus service from three Park-N-Ride locations. Shuttle riders have access to a priority entry line upon arriving at the venue.
Park-N-Ride Shuttle tickets are $3 for a round trip tickets, children 5 and younger ride free.
|Park & Ride Lot||Address/Location||Ticket Booth Hours|
|Rose Bowl||North Arroyo Blvd. & Seco St. – Parking Lot H||Jan. 2 & 3
6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (reserved for senior citizens anddisabled guests)
8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
|Pasadena City College||1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
(enter off Del Mar Blvd. or Bonnie near corner of Hill St.)
12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Jan. 2 & 3
|Community Education Center||3035 E. Foothill Blvd.
Enter Foothill Ave., West of Sierra Madre Villa
12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Jan. 2 & 3
MTA/Gold Line Shuttle Service
The MTA offers shuttle service from the Sierra Madre Villa Gold Line Station on January 1st to the Post Parade venue beginning at 12:30 pm to 2:300 pm. Shuttle service from the Post Parade area back to the Sierra Madre Villa Station will continue to 5:30 pm. On January 2nd and 3rd, shuttle service from the station to Post Parade Park begins at 7:00 am and ends at 2:30 pm. Service from the Post Parade venue to Sierra Madre Villa Station will continue to 5:30 pm.
During the hours of operation the shuttle buses will pick up every five to ten minutes from the station. Cost to ride is a regular fare plus a transfer.
Driving Directions for Post Parade Park & Ride
Shuttle Bus will be available on January 1st, 2nd and 3rd
See how the floats are made
Pasadena City College, 1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
From 210 Fwy, exit Hill, turn left on Colorado, turn right on south Bonnie, go south to Del Mar Blvd. and follow the signs to the parking lot.
From 110 Fwy, North, take freeway until it ends in Pasadena. The freeway then becomes Arroyo Parkway. Make a right turn onto Del Mar Blvd. Continue east to Hill Ave. Follow the signs to the parking lot.
Community Education Center, 3035 E. Foothill Blvd.
From 210 Fwy, take exit toward San Gabriel Blvd. Turn slight left onto La Tierra St. Turn right onto North San Gabriel Blvd. Turn left onto Foothill Blvd.
From 110 Fwy North, exit Orange Grove Blvd. and turn left. Turn right onto California Blvd. Turn left onto Pasadena Avenue and merge onto 210 Fwy east. Take exit toward San Gabriel Blvd. Turn slight left onto La Tierra St. Turn right onto North San Gabriel Blvd. Turn left onto Foothill Blvd.
Fun for the whole family
Rose Bowl Stadium, 1001 Rose Bowl Drive (January 2 and 3 ONLY)
From 210 Fwy West. Continue west through Pasadena on the 210 Freeway until you reach the 134 Freeway. Stay west on the 134 and exit on the Orange Grove Boulevard ramp, which will be your very first exit on the 134 Freeway. Turn right on to Orange Grove. Continue until you see the sign for the Rose Bowl. Turn left on Rosemont Avenue and drive down into the Bowl area. Follow the signs to parking lot H.
From 110 Fwy, North towards Pasadena. Exit at Orange Grove Boulevard. At the top of the exit ramp, turn left on to Orange Grove. Go north on Orange Grove passing California and Colorado Boulevards. Continuing you will pass over the 134 Freeway. After several blocks, look for the Rose Bowl sign. Turn left on Rosemont Avenue and drive down into the Bowl area. Follow the signs to parking lot H.
On the other hand,Harley boots ed hardy clothes often is the usual lift-up model with a face Christian audigier shield.One luxury full-faced Harley helmet to look for ed hardy shoes can be the GP Tech Metal Warrior. This Kevlar ed hardy outlet made helmet comes standard considering the ultimate Integrated Ventilation to ed hardy Bikini provide you with oxygen in your ride. And, techniques about fogging ed hardy hats in the shield together with the outdoors, the ed hardy swimsuits helmet will be fog proof. The optimim finish on the helmet guarantees ed hardy clothing no scratches, either. However, ed hardy glasses this amazing ed hardy Jackets tool industry around and may just break your bank! If ed hardyprice is an object, devote all across $70.00 and share with the ed hardy iphone cases conventional stock half helmet. That should as ed hardy dresses a minimum produce a number protection an individual's Harley davidson lower.