Archive for April 5th, 2009
I received an email from a reader about a tip that I could not wait to post up. Starting in May the Port of Long Beach is offering Free 90 minute narrated port tours . The up and close tours will run from May to October of 2009. All you need to do is to go to this website and make a reservation- That’s it and it’s absolutely free. I already made my family’s reservation and will be taking the tour in May- I can’t wait!!
Tours will be posted two months in advance, on the first work day of each month at 8 a.m. For example, the September cruises will be posted and reservations made available at 8 a.m. July 1.
Click on the “Reserve Seats” button below to make a reservation. If the tour is full, and zero seats are available, click the “Standby” button to be added to the standby list. Those on the standby list will be notified if a seat becomes available.
Directions and Parking
The tours depart from and return to Shoreline Village in downtown Long Beach. The boat departs from Dock 9, next to Parkers’ Lighthouse restaurant. Click here for directions. Aboard the boat, validation is provided for a reduced parking rate at Shoreline Village ($1 for the first two hours with validation, and $2 for each additional 20 minutes).
I’ve had a couple of friends and readers ask me- What can I do with my kids this Spring Break that won’t cost me an arm and a leg?
I’ve come up with a simple itinerary of a fun filled week with places/events that are free or are almost free. You will love every single place and like I mentioned other than parking, gas and food it will be absolutely free or super reasonable!!! Enjoy!!
- California Science Center/Air Space Exhibits – Free Admission(parking is $8.00 and there is a McDonald’s on the ground floor of the Center)
- OC Zoo- Pack a picnic!! $3.00 Irvine Regional Park admission- Admission is $2.00
- Centennial Farm
- La Brea Tar Pits- Free Admission Tuesday
- National History Museum of Los Angeles County- Free Admission Tuesday (parking is $8.00)
- Kidspace Children’s Museum-Free Admission on Family Night (4pm-8pm)
- Reuben H Fleet Science Center San Diego- Free Admission Tuesday
- Natural History Museum of San Diego- Free Admission Tuesday
- Griffith Park Observatory- Free Admission
- Travel Town Museum - Griffith Park- Free Admission
- Santa Ana Zoo after 2pm- discounted admission
- Cabrillo Aquarium- $5 adults, $1 children
- Getty Center- Free Admission -($10 for parking)
- Getty Villa- Free Admission with Reservations ($10 for parking)
- Roundhouse Aquarium
- Free Shark Lagoon Nights @ Long Beach Aquarium
- Atlantis Play Center
- Fullerton Arboretum
- Sesame Street Presents the Body@ Hollywood and Highland
I hope you have a great Spring Break and may you all have a Great Easter or Passover. Enjoy!!