Archive for April 17th, 2009
Earth Day – April 22- is right around the corner and there are some fantastic activities that your family can participate to learn more about preserving our precious earth. Here is a list of activities that are educational, free and fun for the whole family this weekend.
Los Angeles County:
- Universal Eco Fair- On April 19, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., the family-friendly “Eco-Fair” takes place in front of Universal Studios Hollywood’s main gates as “The Entertainment Capital of L.A.” partners with dozens of exhibitors to offer a fun-filled panorama of engaging displays and creative ideas to help “green” our lives
- Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles host Earth Day from 10am-2pm- Saturday April 18th,District administrative offices, 1955 Workman Mill Road, Whittier. There will be face painting,train rides and hands on activities for the kids. Free Shuttle from remote parking lot
- Huntington Beach Earth Day Celebration- 10am to 3pm- Disposal Co. facility, located off Warner between Gothard and Beach boulevards. Food, entertainment, community booths, Green Community displays and tours of Rainbow Disposal’s modernized facility
- Watershed Task force and The City of San Clemente are co-sponsoring Earth Day San Clemente- Sat April 18th – 10am-2pm at Parque del Mar in San Clemente. There will be live entertainment, children’s activities and green demonstrations.
- Earth Day Fair 2009- Balboa Park- 10am to 5pm- Sun April 19th- It is the largest eco fair in the world and is billed as the world’s largest free environmental fair. This amazing event has it all over 200 hundred exhibitors, green demonstrations, two live entertainment areas, a designated children’s pavilion and much much more!! for additional info click here
Have a great and adventuresome weekend!!