Archive for October 26th, 2009
I wanted to share a fun and Free event at the ICE Outdoor Skating Rink in Santa Monica. Stay tuned for an upcoming post on the outdoor ice skating rinks throughout Southern California. Read on about tomorrow’s fun event.
To coincide with the release of the Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for Tallest at the opening of the , ICE at Santa Monica. Blu-ray disc and DVD, A team of 14 skilled sculptors from Ice Bulb LLC will build the world’s Tallest Ice Sculpture over a 4-day period on the ice rink at the ICE at Santa Monica. A
™ adjudicator will be present to oversee the attempt.
• The Scrat Ice Sculpture will stand at 45 feet tall
• Over 133,000 lbs. of ice will be used, gathered across 4 states
• Months of preparation went into the logistics
• Artists from Blue Sky Studios developed the look of the model
• The current record for the Tallest Ice Sculpture is 40.28 feet and was achieved by Michel Amann (France) in Ski Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates on April 20, 2006.
• Champion Randy Gardner will perform to the “Walk the Dinosaur” song featured in the film
• The one and only acorn-loving Scrat will demonstrate his own skating abilities
• Skating for the entire family, including music and many more fun activities
. The final Scrat sculpture to be unveiled at 4:00pm. Entrance and entertainment is free to the public. If you would like to skate- admission is $10 and includes rental skates. From through , the ice rink will be open Sunday through , and Friday and to midnight.
ICE at Santa Monica
1324 5th Street (at Arizona Avenue)
Santa Monica, CA 90401
The Los Angeles Live Steamers Railroad Museum will offer its annual Ghost Train Rides Thursday October 29th to Saturday October 31st. Gates open at 6:45pm and rides start at 7pm and go until 10pm. Arrive early as lines tend to be long. Passengers must be 34 inches to ride and there is a suggested donation of $5.
For additional info head here.
Los Angeles Live Steamers Railroad Museum
5202 Zoo Drive
Los Angeles, 90027
Happy Monday! It’s the last Monday in October and I wanted to share with you early, the museums that offer Free Admission on the first Tuesday of the month. I have been wanting to take my little dinosaur lover to the Museum of Natural History in Los Angeles and will be taking him next Tuesday. Here are the lists of Museums that offer Free Admission on the First Tuesday of the month. Enjoy!
- Natural History Museum- Los Angeles (make a full day of it by visiting their next door neighbor- the California Science Center, which offers FREE Admission every day)
- Autry National Center- Los Angeles
- George C Page Museum and the La Brea Tarpits- Los Angeles
- Kidspace Museum – Pasadena- 4pm to 8pm.
These are perfect outings if your kiddos are home schooled, as an after school activity or if you have preschoolers. Happy Exploring!