Archive for December 2nd, 2010
Are you ready to really swing into the holiday spirit?? Looking for something that is fun to do and absolutely free?? Look no further and mark the dates on your calendar. The Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade is celebrating it’s 101th year and better than ever. Watching the parade is one of my family’s favorite Christmas traditions. The Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade is a definite must see. The parade begins on Wednesday Dec 15th and ends on Sunday December 19th. The parade starts off at Bay Island at 6:30pm and ends there at approximately 9:30.
Just a couple of tips to make your evening as enjoyable as possible.
1. Dress warmly. I forgot to bring gloves last year and I will make sure not to forget them this year. I also will remember to bring a blanket for each of my kiddos.
2. Arrive as early as possible. Traffic is horrible and arriving early will assure you a spot and less congestion.
3. Be prepared to pay for parking. Whether you are parking in one of the state lots to an improvised private lot make sure to bring at least 10 dollars for parking. If you want to save on parking make sure to bring good walking shoes and park a little further away from the bay area.
4. Bring something warm to drink . We bring something warm to drink and lots of fun treats!
5. Some of the best viewing spots are the Balboa Peninsula/Ferry area and Balboa island. You can’t miss at any of these two spots.
6. If you would like to view the parade in luxury many of the waterfront restaurants along the parade route have dinner/viewing packages. Check to see if your favorite restaurant is offering a deal.
7. check out this website for additional information. I know that your family will enjoy this as much as my family does!! I promise!!! Don’t forget to enter one of the giveaways!
8. One of the best ways is to view the parade is from one of the boats. Our sponsor Newport Landing offers cruises every day of the parade. For additional info head here.
If you have a little ballerina in your family or you love The Nutcracker, check out Maple Youth Ballet’s performance on this holiday classic. The Maple Youth Ballet will perform it’s production of “The Nutcracker” at the Northwood Performing Arts Theatre, Irvine on December 18-19, 22-23. For additional information head here.