Archive for June 18th, 2011
One of my favorite parts of summer is taking a family vacation. My family took summer vacations when I was growing up and it is a tradition I have continued with my family. We love taking roadtrips and this year have decided to roadtrip up the coast to Seattle and taking in a few National Parks.
This month is Dairy Month and in honor of Dairy Month, Safeway and Packyourpicnic.com are giving one lucky family the opportunity to win a picnic in your favorite National Park. All you have to do is head here to enter. One very luck family will will rountrip airfare, accommodations, ground transportation and a gourmet picnic plus a $200 gift card. This sounds like a dream picnic! I hope one of you win.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for #SafewayDairy
One of our favorite activities as a family on summer nights is to head to the beach, bring some dinner and have a bonfire. The kids love running around playing in the sand and the grown ups gather around the fire enjoying some great conversation and the sounds of the waves crashing.
We usually pack:
- folding chairs
- ingredients for smores
Make sure to get there either early in the evening. We usually are safe if we get there between 5 and 6 pm.
If you are looking for something fun to do, that really won’t cost much and is good summer fun look no further. Here are some great places to bonfire in Southern California.
Los Angeles Area:
Unfortunately only one beach allows bonfires/fire pits in Los Angeles County
- Dockweiler Beach: Get here early because the fire pits are sought after.
Orange County Area:
- Aliso Beach: 6am to 10pm
- Bolsa Chica State Beach:182 Fire Rings- 6am to 10pm
- Capistrano Beach: 6am to 10pm
- Corona Del Mar: 6am to 10pm
- Dana Point: 6am to 10pm
- Huntington City Beach: Hundreds of fire pits- 6am to 10pm
- Huntington State Beach: 180 Fire Pits- 6am to 10pm
- Laguna Beach: 6am to 10pm
- Newport Beach: 6am to 10pm
- San Clemente: 4am to midnight
- San Onofre SB: Hours vary
- La Jolla: Hours vary
- Mission Beach: Hours vary
- Mission Bay: 5am to midnight- over 100 fire pits
- Ocean Beach: Hours vary
Fire pits are sought after to make sure you get there early or try heading out to Huntington Beach which has hundreds of fire pits. Have fun!