As a busy mom on the go, I am always looking for fun and easy recipes to cook up with the family, especially when we head out to day trip at the park or other excursions. A few weeks ago some of my favorite bloggers and friends gathered together at my place to cook up and create some fun on the go recipes. We are one of ten teams participating in a fun contest with other bloggers across the country using Lawry’s yummy seasonings to create great dishes on the go.
Here are our recipes.
Thoughtsofamommy and I whipped up this twist on traditional potato salad. We love to call it Mexican Potato Salad.
5 lbs. of Potatoes
1 package of Chorizo, cooked and drain from oil
1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped (separated some for toppings)
10 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 finely chopped onion
1/2 cup of mayo
Lawry’s Seasoned Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Peel and chop (into small sized cubes) potatoes and boil in water for about 15 mins. I added a teaspoon of Lawry’s Seasoned salt to add a tiny bit of flavor. Once boiled, drain and place potatoes to cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour. In a mixing bowl, combine cooled potatoes, mayo, eggs, cilantro, chorizo, onions and mix till all ingredients are well mixed. Add Lawry’s Seasoned Salt to taste.
Ginger Sesame Salad
2 lbs. of boneless chicken breast.
1 cup of Lawry’s Ginger Sesame Marinade.
1- pack of your favorite fresh Green Salad
1- fruit cup of Mandarin Oranges
Whole Baby tomatoes to taste
and last but certainly not least LAStory’s Laura made these delish Polynesian Sliders yet.
Ingredients:* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/2 cup Lawry’s Teriyaki Marinade With Pineapple Juice, divided
* 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
* 4 pineapple slices
* Lettuce leaves (as needed)
* 10 mini hamburger rolls, toasted
1. Mix ground beef, 1/4 cup of the marinade and red bell pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Shape into 10 rounded slider patties.
2. Broil or grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until sliders are cooked through (internal temperature reaches 160°F). Meanwhile, broil or grill pineapple slices 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Brush sliders and pineapple slices with remaining 1/4 cup marinade while cooking.
3. Serve sliders on toasted rolls with pineapple slices and lettuce leaves.
I hope you enjoy making these fun recipes as much as we did. They were amazing and so easy to make. Plus they are truly super portable and ready for the road.