Archive for March 27th, 2012
I’ve come up with a simple itinerary of a fun filled week with places/events that are free or are almost free. I’ve posted about these fun places before but I thought I would mention them again since they are tried and true favorites! Plus all you need is a tank of gas, some parking and food and you are ready to roll! Have fun!
- California Science Center/Air Space Exhibits – Free Admission(parking is $8.00 and there is a McDonald’s on the ground floor of the Center)
- OC Zoo- Pack a picnic!! $3.00 Irvine Regional Park admission- Admission is $2.00
- The Boone’s Children’s Gallery at the LACMA- Free Admission with NextGen membership, which is free and available to kids 17 and under.
- Centennial Farm – Absolutely Free and your kiddos will love learning about farm animals.
- A visit to the Skirball Cultural Center- Free on Thursdays
- Free Admission to the Paleontology Museum in Claremont on Wednesday
- La Brea Tar Pits- Free Admission the first Tuesday of the month- April 3rd
- Enviromental Nature Center- Free Daily
- National History Museum of Los Angeles County- Free Admission Tuesday- April 3rd (parking is $8.00)
- Kidspace Children’s Museum-Free Admission on Family Night Free Admission- Tuesday April 3rd(4pm-8pm)
- Griffith Park Observatory- Free Admission
- Travel Town Museum – Griffith Park- Free Admission
- Santa Ana Zoo after 2pm- discounted admission
- Cabrillo Aquarium- Free- A little gem of an aquarium!
- Getty Center- Free Admission -($10 for parking)
- Getty Villa- Free Admission with Reservations ($10 for parking)
- Roundhouse Aquarium- Free
- Fullerton Arboretum- Free
- Dollar Movie Theaters- $1-$4 throught SoCal
Last week I had the opportunity to attend a sneak peek of the new Stein Mart opening at the Irvine Marketplace before it opened its doors to the general public. I was in for quite the treat. I have to be honest, I don’t think I had ever set foot inside a Stein Mart before although I have one only a few minutes away in Yorba Linda. I have been really missing out! I like to think of it as The Rack mixed with Home Goods. I could have browsed for hours!
They have a fabulous selection of clothes, shoes, accessories and a seriously cute houseware section. I had a tough time deciding what I was going to purchase. After about two hours I decided on this super cute rolling cooler that will be perfect for my son’s T-Ball games and also for the beach. I also had to buy a little something for myself and although I didn’t snap a picture, I bought the cutest navy polkadot dress for my husband’s graduation.
I loved all that new Irvine Tustin has to offer! If you are looking for something special to wear for Easter or are looking for the perfect serving dish, you have to check Stein Mart out. I think I have found my new favorite place to shop.
The new Stein Mart is located next to the 24 hour fitness.
13742 Jamboree Rd. Irvine, CA
The Irvine Marketplace
At the corner of Jamboree and Bryan
Mon to Sat 10am – 9pm
Sunday 11am – 8pm
Disclosure: This is not a compensated post. I did receive a gift bag and a Stein Mart Gift Card