Halloween Family Day at Balboa ParkBy
There are so many fun Halloween Events taking place that I honestly think I might not be able to cover them all. This is going to be one fun filled month! Here is one more event that you will not want to miss!
Balboa Park is celebrating it’s 4th annual Halloween Family Day on Saturday, October 27th. Kiddos will be admitted free with paying adult. Participating museums/attractions will present a spooktacular array of hands-on activities, crafts, costume parades,tours, storytelling, and other free goodies from 11am to 3pm.
Participating Museums/Attractions and Events
- Japanese Friendship Garden: Garden scavenger hunt and crafts for kids, as well as a miniature Japanese dry gardening workshop. Free gift for kids in costume.
- Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theatre: Free puppet-making activity for children accompanied by an adult at 11:45am and 1:45pm; show ticket not required.
- Mingei International Museum: Children 12 and under free with paid adult
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center:Toddlers can get crafty and create Halloween decorations featuring skeletons and jack-o-lanterns in the Kid City activity Pasta Skeletons and Pumpkin Guts (ages 5 and under).
- San Diego Air & Space Museum: Make Great Pumpkinparachutes in preparation for the pumpkin drop off the museum roof at 2:30pm; enjoy kid-friendly 3-D films. Special admission price of $4 to see the How Things Fly exhibition
- San Diego Hall of Champions:Children 12 and under free with paid adult.
- San Diego History Center:Tombstone Trivia tests your knowledge of notorious people and legendary ghosts from San Diego’s past in a simulated graveyard setting. The Make-n-Take Pumpkin Treat Bag for the little ones will be filled with treats to take home to eat later.
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum: Take a spooky ride down the Haunted Tracks to learn what an engineer does, hear stories about haunted railroads, and make a Halloween mask
- San Diego Natural History Museum:Grab a flashlight and visit the Critter Cavern to learn about bats and other nocturnal creatures, then join in a costume parade led by Ms. Frizzle at 2:30pm following her 1:30pm performance. Also, hands-on activities to create crafts to take home
- San Diego Museum of Man: Learn about Dia de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead, and sugar skulls; make a calavera mask or a paper flower to honor friendly spirits, then take a spooky tour of the museum’s mummy collection, presented in ghostly rhyme!
- San Diego Zoo: Free admission to all children through 11 years of age, regardless of adult ticket purchase. Part of “Kids Free Month” (October) promotion.
- Timken Museum of Art: Revel in ghostly giggles at a Family Storytelling at 11:00am that will give ages five and up “just the teeniest bit of shiver”.
For additional info, head here.