Archive for April 18th, 2011
I must warn you, I am a Cirque du Soleil fanatic. I’ve seen almost every show in Vegas and have tried to watch every single Cirque show that comes through Southern California . This year is no exception. Cirque du Soleil’s Quidamis coming to Long Beach from April 20th to April 24th. I actually watched Quidam 5 years ago when it was under a tent next to the Queen Mary. My husband and I absolutely loved the show. If you have not had the opportunity to watch a Cirque show, this is one that would be perfect to watch.
Quidam is about a young girl that is bored and neglected by her parents. Her life is meaningless and she turns into an imagineary world, Quidam. There she meets characters that encourage her to free her soul. It is a bit hard to describe, but oh so beautiful!
Quidam will also play later in the month in Ontario Citizens Arena.
This will be my daughter’s third Cirque Show. She has also become quite the fanatic. The show is perfect for the entire family!
Tickets start at $32.00. For additional info head here.
Spring break is here and if you aren’t going on vacation, you are probably looking for fun places to visit during the week. Here are some of my favorite places and the best part is that most of these day outings will not cost more than $20 and food. Have fun exploring and discovering.
A Day at the Museum
- A visit to California Science Center : Free
- Air and Space Exhibits: Free
- Finish off with a visit to the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles : Adults $9, kiddos 5-12 $2.00
- Pack a picnic and have lunch at the Rose Garden or on the front lawn of the NHM
- Parking $8
San Diego Loving
- Ferry Ride to Coronado Island: $4.25 each way, kids 3 and under are free
- Lunch and exploring Coronado Island
- Explore one of the many gardens in Balboa Park: Free
- Explore the Railroad Museum in Balboa Park : Adults $7.oo. Kids 15 and under are Free
A Day at the Park
- Explore Griffith Observatory and Planetarium : Free Admission
- Visit Travel Town Museum: Free Admission
- Pack a lunch and enjoy on one of the many picnic areas
- Enjoy a walk through the Bird Sanctuary: Free Admission
- Enjoy a day at the beach at the Newport Peninsula:Parking
- Head over to the fun zone for a cheap slice of pizza and some fun games
- Take the Ferry to Balboa Island $1.00 for adults, $50 cents for kiddos 5 and over.. free under five
- Have a frozen banana/Balboa Bar from Sugar n Spice
Sea life/Wild life Exploration Day
- Start off in San Pedro with a visit to the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
- Drive down the coast and stop off at the Environmental Nature Center for a little hiking and learning
- Drive just a bit further to the Mary and Muth Interpretive Center
- Finish off visiting the Marine Mammal Center in Laguna Beach: $7 for a docent led tour for adults, $5 for students 5 and up, 4 and under are free
Railway Day/Going Hollywood
- Take the Metrolink train to Downtown LA
- Have Fun Discovering Olvera Street Monument
- Take the subway to Hollywood and Highland
- Play tourist and find your favorite star on The Walk of Fame
- Catch a movie at El Capitan or shop at Hollywood and Highland
Happy Spring break week everyone! Let’s kick off the week on a right note by selecting the two winners.
The two winners are…
Michellynn for the Henry’s gift card and Kelly Forster for the Duffy Boat Giveaway.
Email me at email@example.com with your info.
Thank you all for entering and stay tuned for some fun giveaways coming your way, including one that I’m saving for the end that will feature the perfect daycation for the entire family.