The weekend is here! If you are looking for something fun to do with the family make sure to take advantage of Museums Free For All. The sixth annual ‘Museums Free-For-All’ will take place Saturday-Sunday, January 29th and 30th, 2011,. The museums—presenting art, cultural heritage, natural history, and science—will open their doors wide and invite visitors free of charge.
Here is a list of the participating museums.
- The Autry National Center – Both Days
- California African American Museum – Both Days
- California Science Center – Both Days
- Craft and Folk Art Museum – Sunday, January 30th Only
- Fowler Museum at UCLA – Both Days
- The Hammer Museum – Both Days
- The Getty Center – Both Days
- The Getty Villa**- Both Days
- Los Angeles Fire Department Museum and Memorial
(Both Hollywood & San Pedro Locations)- Saturday, January 29th Only
- The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MOCA) – Saturday, January 29th Only
- Museum of Tolerance – Sunday, January 30th Only
- Pasadena Museum of California Art – Both Days
- The Paley Center for Media – Both Days
- Santa Monica Museum of Art – Saturday, January 29th Only
- Skirball Cultural Center – Saturday, January 29th Only
- The Studio for Southern California History – Both Days
- Watts Tower Art Center – Saturday, January 29th Only
Pack a lunch and be prepared for a fun, educational and free weekend with the family!
For additional info make sure to visit MuseumsLA.org which provides information on your favorite Los Angeles Museums.