Hope you are all having a fun and relaxing Sunday. On our new and revamped installment of Disney Sunday I wanted to list a couple of fun and FREE things you can pick up while visiting Disneyland or Disney’s California Adventure. Make sure to try or pick up one of the freebies next time you are at the park. Enjoy!!
1. Pick up a free pin from City Hall in Disneyland, DCA guest services or the information booth. You can get a Happy Birthday pin, Happy Anniversary,Just Married,Family Reunion,1st Visit,Happily Ever After, just engaged, and the I’m Celebrating button which could be used anytime!
2. Pick up a fresh, warm and delicious tortilla from the Mission Tortilla Factory tour in Disney’s California Adventure. If it’s your birthday make sure to pick up your free dozen.
3. Try a taste of Sourdough bread from The Boudin Bakery tour in DCA. It’s located right across from the Mission Tortilla Factory Tour.
4. Animation Academy- Head over to DCA’s Hollywood Backlot and try your drawing skills at The Disney Animation building. You are provided with drawing pencils and pads and taught by Disney animators a series of simple steps that enable you to create your own character drawings. You can take your drawings home or better yet- ask nicely and usually the Disney Animator will be more than willing to give you their fresh character sketch.
5. Head over to Disneyland’s Tomorrowland and ride Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters. While you ride you will have your photo taken and at the end of the ride you can e-mail your Astro Blaster score and photo home. It’s a fun and free souvenir!
6. Free stickers – make sure to head over to Toontown and meet Mickey and Minnie. You will receive a free sticker when you meet them.
7. Free beads at New Orleans Square- Head on over to New Orleans Square when the bands are playing. The beads are usually thrown out by cast members and are a fun treat. Best of all they are Free!
8. My daughter’s Favorite- Head over to Autopia and pick up a Free License. This is sometimes hit and miss. However, I’ve received one every time I have ridden Autopia.
9. Forgot sunscreen or have a splitting headache? Head over to the first aid station and receive free over the counter medications or sunscreen. This has come in super handy for my family.
1. The kiddos always want a souvenir on the way out and I usually oblige by buying the 49 cent heart shaped Minney lollypops that you can find at the kiosks at the end of Main Street or the candy store at DCA.
2. Pressed Pennies- Another great inexpensive souvenir. You can press pennies at the Disneyland Resort with your favorite Disney Characters. Best part it will only cost 50 cents!
3. Free Drink Refills at Rancho el Zocalo or Pizza Port . Purchase a drink and enjoy refills while you enjoy lunch or dinner.
4. Free Coffee Refills when you purchase a cup at Main Street Market House Cafe. Just hold on to your receipt. You don’t need to bring your old cup, just show them your receipt from your earlier purchase and enjoy free refills throughout the day.