We hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween tonight. We’re in a new neighborhood this year with a lot more kids and have been warned about the large amount of visitors we might have. While my husband has candy duty, I’ll be taking the kiddos around the area.
Below are some good safety tips/reminders:
- Trick or Treat close to your home, on streets that you and your family are familiar with.
- Bring a flashlight with you and keep it on at all times to help you see the pathways and walkways better and others that may be out Trick or Treating.
- Always WALK and don’t run from house to house.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Go out early when there is still some daylight and return home early to keep everyone safe.