It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I really love this time of year. We’re spending time with family and friends, thinking of others and most importantly, making some great memories with our families. Our family has traditions that go back for many years, like making tamales, to newer traditions, like watching the Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade.
The Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade is celebrating it’s 104th year and it is better than ever. Watching the parade is one of my family’s favorite Christmas traditions. We pack warm blankets, jackets, hot chocolate and enjoy watching the boats go by.
The parade will run from December 19th to December 23rd. The parade starts off at Bay Island at 6:30pm and ends there at approximately 9:30.
Here are a couple of tips to make your evening as enjoyable as possible.
- 1. Dress warmly. I forgot to bring gloves last year and I will make sure not to forget them this year. Make sure to pack a jacket and hats. My kiddos always seem to get super cold and I have to pack jackets, scarfs and hats.
- 2. Arrive as early as possible. Traffic is horrible and arriving early will assure you a spot and less congestion.
- 3. Be prepared to pay for parking. Whether you are parking in one of the state lots to an improvised private lot make sure to bring at least 10 dollars for parking. If you want to save on parking make sure to bring good walking shoes and park a little further away from the bay area.
- 4. Bring something warm to drink. We usually bring hot chocolate to drink and lots of fun treats!
- 5. Some of the best viewing spots are the Balboa Peninsula/Ferry area and Balboa Island. You won’t miss any of the action from any of these two spots.
- 6. If you would like to view the parade in luxury splurge for a premium spot. Many of the waterfront restaurants along the parade route have dinner/viewing packages. Check to see if your favorite restaurant is offering a deal.
- 7. Check out this website for additional information.
I know that your family will enjoy this as much as my family does!! I promise!!! It is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. I hope it becomes one of yours too!
A Mom's Dream!
Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to drive the 2013 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, and all I can say is that it is the vehicle of my dreams! The newly revised styling makes it a definite head turner. I had quite a few strangers come up to me and ask me all about the RX. People stopped me in parking lots, at the gas station and pretty much anywhere I went. It’s a great looking SUV and I think the dream vehicle for many Moms and Dads.
- The Interior is sleek and very luxurious
The RX comfortably seats 5 people and it handles like a dream. It provides one of the smoothest rides and is very fun to drive. I recently moved to an area with a few unfinished roads, and the RX handled the dirt roads, like nothing else.
- One Great Looking Vehicle!
Lexus is known for producing luxury vehicles that not only look good, but are reliable and have great standard features. Some of the standard features of the 2013 Lexus RX are:
- 4 yr/50,000 mile warranty
- 8 way power driver and passenger seats
- Cruise control
- Dual zone climate controls – driver and passenger
- USB connection
- Pre-wired for phone
- 4-wheel ABS
- Remote anti-theft alarm system
- Dual front and dual rear side-mounted airbags
- Pre-Collision System w/Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
The Lexus RX 350 not only looks good, but it can protect you and your family in an accident. It comes standard with anti lock brakes and rear/side curtain airbags.
- Plenty of Cargo Space!
One of my favorite features of the Lexus RX 350 is the cargo room. I think this is probably important for moms/dads, because we are always carrying something. From groceries to sports equipment, the RX 350 has plenty of room! It holds anywhere from 40 to 80 cubic feet, depending on seating configuration.
I enjoyed my time with the 2013 Lexus RX 350 F Sport and without a doubt, I can honestly say, that it is the car of my dreams. It is fun to drive, luxurious and at the same time a practical family vehicle. To learn more about the RX 350 head here.
Released just last week for a limited time is the 2-Movie Collection Special Edition of Cinderella II: Dreams Come True and Cinderella III: A Twist In Time. These sequels continue the tales of Cinderella’s adventures and are now available on the same Blu-ray disc.
Our family is partial to the story in Cinderella III, where the whole original storyline is reimagined as if Lady Tremaine finds the Fairy Godmother’s wand and puts a spell on the Prince, making him forget ever meeting Cinderella at the ball. Luckily Jac and Gus come to the rescue.
This new release comes with some great extras. One of the new features shows a girl who goes princess school. Here, she receive tips on how to behave like royalty, then become physically transformed into a Disney Princess (dress, hair, make- up) at the Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique in Walt Disney World. Now dressed as a princess, she will practice what she learned. You can actually visit the Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique at both WDW and Disneyland.
The films are fun for the whole family and are two of the better direct-to-dvd sequels that Disney produced over the last decade. It’s sure to be a Blu-ray that is played over and over, like it is in our house.
They are also available on regular DVD in a two disc set and would make an excellent stocking stuffer this Christmas. There is an excellent deal for it right now over at Amazon:
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True & Cinderella III: A Twist In Time (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)
*This was not a sponsored post, a DVD was provided to me for review.