Archive for Target Free
The weekend is here! It is going to be a beautiful weekend and the perfect time to go out and explore.
If you are looking to spend some fun time with the family, make sure to check out the list below.
- Target Free Admission at La Habra Children’s Museums- Saturday
- Target Free Admission at Bowers/Kidseum- Sunday
- Museums on us- First weekend of the month- Free Admission to museums/aquariums with your bank of America card. Some of the Museums offering admission are- Discovery Science Center on Saturday only, Muzeo(currently there is an amazing live Frog exhibit there),LACMA, Autry Museum, The Living Desert Zoo in Palm Springs, Birch Aquarium at Scripps, The New Childrens’ Museum in San Diego
- Movies on the Beach- Newport Dunes- Friday movie: Monsters vs Aliens, Saturday Movie: Bolt
- Worlds Ocean Day at Cabrillo Aquarium- Free Admission- Sunday -10am to 5pm
- So Cal Green Solutions Expo- Satu & Sun Free Admission- OC Great park
- Balboa Island Parade- Balboa Island- Sunday -11am to 2pm
- Disney Store Toy Story Activities- Saturday- 11am to 2pm
Have a great weekend!
The weekend is here and jam packed with Free and Fun things to do. Here is a list of fun activities. Have fun exploring!
Saturday, October 3rd
1. Green Port Fest- Long Beach
2.. Miramar Air Show- Free General Admission, Blanket Seating and Parking- San Diego
3. Los Angeles Museum- Free- For – All- Various Museums
4. La Habra Children’s Museum- Target Free Admission- La Habra
5. Free Children’s Admission to the San Diego Zoo/ Wild Animal Park
6. Bank of America- Museums on us- Free Admission- throughout Southern California
Sunday, October 4th
1. Orange County Children’s Book Festival
2. Miramar air Show- Free General Admission, Blanket Seating and Parking- San Diego
3. Los Angeles Museum- Free- For- All Admission- Various Museums
4. Bowers Kidseum – Target Free Admission- Santa Ana
5. Free Children’s Admission to the San Diego Zoo/Wild Animal Park
6. Bank of America- Museums on us- Free Admision throughout Southern California
It’s the first weekend of the month and there are a couple of free things to do this Labor day weekend that are not only Free but fun for the entire Family. Just a reminder about the Bank of America Museums on us program. It allows one admission per name/names on debit card or credit card. Have a fantastic weekend and I hope you can take advantage of one of the free things to do this weekend and enjoy a great staycation!
Target Free this weekend
- Target Free is offering Free admission to La Habra Children’s Museum on Saturday
- Target Free is offering Free admission to the Bowers and Bowers Kidseum on Sunday
- Target Free Family Day is offering Free Admission to the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach on Sunday
Always Free (except for parking)
- California Science Center
- The Getty
- The Getty Villa
Always Free (including parking)
- Griffith Park Observatory
- Travel Town Museum
- Orange Railway Museum
Bank of America – Museums on us
- Bank of America Museums on us – Saturday only – Free Admission with your B of A debit/credit card – Discovery Science Center-Santa Ana
- Bank of America Museums on us – Sat & Sun- Muzeo in Anaheim
- Bank of America Museums on us – Sat & Sun- Birch Aquarium – La Jolla
- Bank of America Museums on us – Sat & Sun- Museum of Latin American Art- Long Beach
- Bank of America Museums on us – Sat & Sun- LACMA- Los Angeles
- Bank of America Museums on us – Sat & Sun- Autry National Center of the American West- Griffith Park
- Bank of America Museums on us – Sat only- Riverside Art Museum
- Bank of America Museums on us – Sat & Sun- The New Children’s Museum – San Diego
I know the air quality is not the best this weekend, however, remember that admission is only $1 this opening weekend at the LA County Fair.
Also make sure to check out the Children’s Festival at the South Coast Plaza!
Have a fantastic weekend exploring beautiful Southern California!
I will post this little blurb at the beginning of every month to remind everyone about Museums on us.
Museums on us is a fantastic program that rewards Bank of America cardholders. Any card from Bank of America gives you free admission to over 70 museums nationwide. Museums on us offers free admission to select museums on the first weekend of every month – and that means this post comes just in time for this weekend. Here is a list of the participating museums in the area.Enjoy!
Los Angeles County
Autry National Center of the American West
Museum of Latin American Art- Long Beach
Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art
Discovery Science Center- Santa Ana- Only on Saturday
Laguna Art Museums- Laguna Beach
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
California Center for the Arts- Escondido
Also a reminder that the La Habra Children’s museum is free the first Saturday of the month and the Bowers will be free on Sunday thanks to a generous sponorship from Target. Have fun and explore!!
I can’t wait to share with you the day I have planned on Saturday. It’s my daughter’s 4th Birthday and we are celebrating with a visit to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and brunch at the Aloha Lilo and Stitch at the Paradise Pier Hotel. Have a great weekend!!
I am a serious fan of Target and find any excuse to take a trip to my favorite store. There are many reasons why I love this fantastic store but as a huge fan of the arts- my biggest reason is that Target is a proud sponsor of the arts. Their Family Free days at local museums is an amazing program and it seems that the list of museums they sponsor keeps growing and growing by the month. Here is another one to add to your list.
Every Sunday- Target sponsors the Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA)’s Free Family Day. Every single member of your family can enjoy free admission to the museum and partake in family gallery tours and art projects. It’s a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon and it won’t cost you a single penny!! Your family will absolutely love it!!
For additional info click here.
Museum of Latin American Art-
628 Alamitos Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802
Have a great week and stay tuned because this week I will be doing 3 awesome giveaways that you will not want to miss!!
Here is one more reason why I will always shop at Target over their competitors- Target Free Family days at the local museums. They are great and allow us to visit these wonderful museums without having to pay a penny. It’s a great way to spend a day with the family and not have to spend any money. I would say that it’s crucial at this time.
Target has brought another Free Family Day at the Japanese American National Museum. Generously sponsored by Target, these special Saturdays are filled with fun activities giving families unique ways to learn, play, and grow together. The Free Family Saturdays are held on the second Saturday of the month. I hope you can all take advantage of this wonderful opportunity!! I know I sure will!!
Here is a list of the upcoming events-
Target Free Family Saturday: What’s Cooking?
FREE ALL DAY! Celebrate shared traditions and family fun cooking demonstration, activities and workshops within the Asian American community. Keeping checking back for program schedule!
All day craft activities:
- Decorate your own apron for when things get messy.
- Roll a candle that looks like a tasty bite of sushi!
- Careful when you’re cookin’! Design a fun potholder to get a handle on hot stuff in the kitchen.
- Test your chopstick chops by trying our chopstick challenge!
Ruthie’s Origami Corner: Fold an origami candy bowl! 12:00 – 3:00 PM
Kidding Around the Kitchen: Parents and children’s drop in cooking workshops featuring the famous “rainbow stir fry” dish 12:30 & 2:30
Fugetsu-Do Sweet Shop: Mochi demonstration and tasting 1:00 & 3:00
Sushi Chef Institute: Sushi making demonstration and tasting
Kidding Around The Kitchen:
It is such a common problem in today’s world that families rarely get to eat together anymore.
Kidding around the Kitchen shows that families can make and eat food together without a lot of fuss or a huge time commitment.
The family food demo helps families with tips on smarter shopping, fun recipe ideas, advice on how to incorporate healthier choices when possible and advice on how to delegate tasks in an age-appropriate way. This family food demo is a “how to” get everyone involved in the family meal. Kidding around the Kitchen is for families that have full plates in life as well as wanting a full plate of food to enjoy together. It’s about time well spent.
Target Free Family Saturday: Aloha!
* FREE ALL DAY Enjoy a day of family fun that explores shared traditions within the Asian American community. May’s theme is Hawai‘i. Keeping checking back for more program schedule! Generously sponsored by Target, these special Saturdays are filled with fun activities giving families unique ways to learn, play, and grow together.
Saturday, Jun 13, 2009
Target Free Family Saturday: Try This On For Size!
FREE ALL DAY Delight in a day of family fun that explores clothing and costumes within the Asian American community. Generously sponsored by Target.
Saturday, Jul 11, 2009
Target Free Family Saturday: Books Galore!
FREE ALL DAY Come explore the wonderful world of Asian American and Japanese American books with us. Generously sponsored by Target.
Saturday, Aug 15, 2009
Summer Festival on the Courtyard
Celebrate summer at the National Museum with a day of fun activities and performances for the entire family. Keep checking here for more program information
The Orange County Museum of Art is offering free admission on the second Sunday of the month thanks to a generous contribution from Target.
The Target Free Second Sunday of the month is a great way for families to explore art together. The Target Free Sunday’s will offer all day family friendly activities and offer a unique opportunity to spend time as a family.
Here is a calendar of the upcoming family events.
TARGET FREE SECOND SUNDAYS 2009 CALENDAR
Sunday, March 8, 2009
View contemporary artwork by California artists and create hands-on projects that explore the symbols and images of California culture. Stay and enjoy live entertainment by Razzle Bam Boom – a musical performance that teaches children how the art form of Rock n’ Roll has developed and changed through the decades. Free tours of the of the 2008 California Biennial will also be available.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Art in Motion
Experience art through motion! Activities include kinetic sculptures, action art, and live performances. Stay for family-friendly entertainment and free tours of Moving Images: Scan to Screen, Pixel to Projection.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Color, Form & Flora
Create expressive and colorful representations of the natural world inspired by works in the exhibition Illumination: The Paintings of Georgia O’Keeffe, Agnes Pelton, Agnes Martin, and Florence Miller Pierce. Stay for live entertainment and free guided tours of the current exhibitions. This event is held in conjunction with the annual Orange County Imagination Celebration.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Art & Animation
Discover the world of animation as you build your own kinetic sculptures, create simple animation and more! Entertainment includes animated children’s films and free tours of the exhibition Moving Images: Scan to Screen, Pixel to Projection.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Fun with Flowers
Create abstract and colorful floral representations inspired by works in the Illumination exhibition. Stay for family-friendly entertainment and free tours of Illumination: The Paintings of Georgia O’Keeffe, Agnes Pelton, Agnes Martin, and Florence Miller Pierce.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Sizzling Summer Fun!
Create cool projects inspired by the summer heat. Take a free guided tour of Illumination: The Paintings of Georgia O’Keeffe, Agnes Pelton, Agnes Martin, and Florence Miller Pierce and stay for the live entertainment.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
The Learning Curve
Make fun and funky projects just in time to get back into the school groove! Create unique journals, bookmarks and other academically-inspired art. Don’t miss the free guided tours of Moving Images: Scan to Screen, Pixel to Projection.
Target Free Second Sundays is generously sponsored by Target.
This is an excellent way to spend a Sunday and the best part is that you can enjoy all of it for free. For additional inf0rmation click here
Orange County Museum of Art (OCMA)
Museum Hours & Information 850 San Clemente Drive
Newport Beach, California 92660
Phone | 949-759-1122
Admissions Desk: ext. 243
Fax | 949-759-5623