Ghost Town Fun
I love Knott’s Berry Farm. I had the opportunity to head to Knott’s yesterday and can’t wait to share all about my experience later on this week. No summer is complete without a visit to Knott’s Berry Farm.
Knott’s is currently celebrating Ghost Town’s 75th anniversary and you want to make sure to visit before September 5th! You don’t want to miss
- Ghost Town Alive! Join the 75 year anniversary celebration of Ghost Town with shows and a whole lot of family fun!
- Blockbuster Beagle! On Ice – Snoopy and the gang perform on ice! You don’t want to miss it!
- Circus of Wonders – A great way to end the day with this fun show!
We’re giving away a four pack of tickets to enjoy a day at the park with your family. All you have to do is leave a comment letting me know who you would take to Knott’s! That’s it. Giveaway ends on August 1st at 11:59pm. Winner will be chosen at random.
From Daytripping Dad, Mike – My fondness for Knott’s Berry Farm has never waned. For a couple of years as a child, my family had season passes and our weekly tradition was to spend Sunday mornings at the Farm. Crowds were light and there is nothing quite like the smell of funnel cake in morning. While we had our regular rides that we would always hit, like the Timber Mountain Log Ride and Calico Mine Train, we would definitely always spend some time traipsing around Ghost Town.
photo courtesy of Knott’s
You may not be aware that this whole park started first with a berry farm, followed by Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner restaurant to feed people, followed by Ghost Town to entertain people waiting for their seat at the restaurant. Much of the original Ghost Town was relocated here from buildings in real old west towns such as Prescott, Arizona. More additions came later until the park grew to the size that it is today.
Luckily, Knott’s Berry Farm has never forgotten it’s heritage. For the last couple of years, Knott’s has meticulously been restoring Ghost Town, which has now culminated with a refurbished GhostRider, Wagon Camp and an all new Calico Square Stage.
Now through September 5, experience the old west town in a whole new way during Ghost Town Alive! Travel back in time to the boomtown of Calico and meet the lively town fold. Participate in daily activities and shape the events that unfold, like pledging one’s allegiance to notorious bandits, to saving the day alongside courageous cowboys!
Ghost Town Alive! experiences and adventures include:
- Getting a handlebar or walrus mustache “shave” at the Barbershop
- Trying your luck at a game of cards with the sneaky Sheriff
- Meeting the prospector and his trusty burro, Brutus
- Locking up the bandits in the town patty wagon
- Voting for the Mayor in the town election
- Drawing up hand-made wanted posters
- Visiting the Livery Stable to meet the friendly equestrian team of horses
And every evening, the day’s story culminates with a town-wide celebration of 75 years of Calico. Don’t miss Ghost Town Alive! every day this summer, only at Knott’s Berry Farm. Visit Knotts.com for more information.