- Credit: Tournament of Roses
Did you know that you and the family can take a behind the scene look of the decorating of floats for the Tournament of Roses Parade? You sure can! You can watch the decorating with the family at two locations. The first location and where the majority of floats will take place is across from the Rose Bowl Station and the second location is at the Rose Palace.
Here is the schedule for both locations
Across from the Rose Bowl Stadium:
Rosemont Pavilion: 700 Seco Street., Pasadena
Brookside Pavilion (accessible to disabled visitors):
Lot I, south side of Rose Bowl Stadium
- December 29 and 30 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- December 31: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- January 1: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Rose Palace: 835 South Raymond Avenue
- December 29 – 31: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- January 1: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Tickets are $10 per person and kiddos 5 and under are Free.
For additional info head here.
Rose Parade-Showcase of floats
Ever wonder what happens to the floats after the Rose Parade? or you couldn’t make it to the parade and you are itching to take a close and personal look at the beautiful floats -head over to the end of the Rose Parade route and be prepared for a breathtaking display. After every Rose Parade, the floats are parked along Sierra Madre and Washington Blvds in Pasadena and exhibited for visitors to walk by and see in close detail the design and workmanship that goes into these floats. Visitors are able to walk within a few feet of the floats and appreciate for themselves the creativity and the imagination of the floral displays. Here are some tips to make your visit to the Showcase of Floats as enjoyable as possible
1. Street parking near the event is very limited. I would strongly recommend to park at one of the park and ride lots and take a shuttle to the floats. Shuttle service will be available from three locations in Pasadena. Guests using shuttles enter the event through a priority line. Shuttle fare is $3 per person round trip, and children five and under ride free.
2. There are three park and ride lots. One is located at the Rose Bowl- North Arroyo Blvd and Seco St. Parking lot H- The Rose Bowl lot will only be available on January 2nd. The second location is at Pasadena City College-1570 E Colorado Blvd(enter off Del Mar blvd. near corner of Hill St). The third location is at the Community Education Center – 3035 E Foothill Blvd(enter Foothill Ave, West of Sierra Madre Villa). Ticket booths at the three park and ride locations will sell shuttle and admission tickets from 12-3pm on New Year’s Day and from 9am to 3pm on Jan 2nd.
3. General admission is $10 . Children 5 and under are free. Cash and credit cards are accepted
4. Hours are as follows: Jan. 1, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.* (general admission)Jan. 2, 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (senior citizens and disabled visitors)Jan. 2, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.* (general admission)* ticket sales and guest admittance end at 3:00 p.m., venue closes at 5:00 p.m.
5. When you enter the viewing area make sure to pick up a brochure for float layout information.
6. Make sure to wear comfy clothes and shoes. There is plenty of walking involved in viewing the floats. Also if you will be bringing young children make sure to bring a stroller or wagon.
7. Bring plenty of water. There is a lot of walking involved and it will definitely come in handy.
8. Be prepared for a magical experience!! You will be amazed by the breathtaking beauty and detail of each float. I hope you all have a wonderful 2011!!! Happy New Year!!