There is no better way to do Disneyland and Disney California Adventure than in the rain. There is still plenty to see and do and the crowds tend to thin out. This makes busier seasons like this month during Spring Break, a great time to head over there during a rainy day.The crowds are very minimal and that means the feel of having the park all to yourself. The kids’ love splashing in the rain and riding their favorite rides without having to wait. I can’t recommend it enough!
Here’s the top five tips for visiting:
- Bring or buy ponchos. They are lightweight and easy to pack. They cover your whole body and will keep everyone dry. It also means you can ditch the umbrella.
- Check out things you don’t normally stop and see: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, The Enchanted Tiki Room and the Main Street Cinema. All of these are indoors.
- Try the restaurants and food. Like the yummy hot chocolate!
- If you get cold, there is usually heat inside the Observation Room at the Finding Nemo Subs. It was build to accommodate those who can’t get into the subs. Anyone can go in, just ask cast member.
- Over at California Adventure, the Animation Academy is a great place to hang out and has plenty of things to see and do.
What are some of your favorite tips for Disneyland and DCA in the rain?